Cosmetic Dentistry in Huntsville, AL
It might not seem too surprising, but cosmetic dentistry has become increasingly popular in the United States. Everyone is looking to both look and feel their best, and a beautiful smile is a major part of this. In fact, a smile is one of the first features most people notice. So why wouldn’t you want it to be perfect? This is where cosmetic dentistry comes in.
Cosmetic dentistry primarily focuses on the aesthetics of your smile rather than the health and function of your teeth and gums. Cosmetic dentistry gives patients the smiles they’ve been looking for, from whitening to recontouring to replacing missing teeth. When you are looking to change the look of your smile, rather minor or drastic, then cosmetic dentistry is the answer.
From more conservative treatments to more aggressive procedures, cosmetic dentistry can offer anyone a more attractive smile. Advancements in dental technology have also created more natural, tooth-like options and materials then ever before, so no one will ever be able to tell that you have received restorative dental work.
Some of the more common procedures involve:
- Bonding - A procedure in which tooth-colored material is used to close gaps or change tooth color.
- Contouring and reshaping - A procedure that straightens crooked, chipped, cracked or overlapping teeth.
- Veneers - A procedure in which ultra-thin coatings are placed over the front teeth. Veneers can change the color or shape of your teeth. For example, veneers have been used to correct unevenly spaced, crooked, chipped, oddly shaped or discolored teeth.
- Whitening and bleaching - As the term implies, whitening and bleaching, a rapidly increasing procedure, are used to make teeth whiter.
- Implants - A procedure that gives another option for replacing a missing tooth or teeth. They are so well designed that they mimic the look and feel of natural teeth.
- Crowns - A procedure to cover and protect the tooth. While a crown can be used for many different reasons such as restoring a tooth that has been broken, has advanced decay or compromised in another way, it can also be used to improve the esthetics of your smile.
Which techniques should be used to improve your smile? A dental exam will take many factors into consideration, including your overall oral health.
Are you interested in cosmetic dentistry? Contact Dr. Michael Pugh at Artistic Dentistry, located in Huntsville, AL, at (256) 536-3386 for more information!