The Top Ten Reasons To Consider Porcelain Veneers
A veneer is a thin layer of dental ceramic tooth-colored restorative material, usually made of porcelain, which replaces some of the tooth's enamel and is physically bonded to it.
You might want to consider porcelain veneers:
- If your teeth are severely discolored. (For best results we may recommend that your teeth be whitened before veneering them.)
- If your teeth cannot be evenly whitened or matched by other means.
- If your teeth are misshapen or worn, you can change their size or shape for optimum aesthetic appeal.
- If you don't want to have your teeth prepared (drilled), prepless veneers may be an option to change your smile.
- If you want as little natural tooth structure prepared as possible to improve your smile.
- If you would like something temporary first to “test-drive” your new smile, then:
- “Provisional veneers” allow you to try out your new smile and give us feedback before the final permanent veneers are placed.
- If you want to improve your smile for just one tooth or even multiple teeth.
- If you want long-lasting restorations — veneers can last from seven to twenty years or more.
And the top reason is:
- Porcelain laminate veneers are among the most aesthetic ways to create a more beautiful, yet normal, looking smile.
Tell us what you want to change about your current smile, and we can tell you whether veneers are right for you. Contact us today to schedule an appointment or to discuss your questions about cosmetic dentistry. You can learn more by reading about porcelain veneers in Dear Doctor magazine.