Questions You Should Ask Before Getting A Dental Implant
Anytime you are considering an implant surgery to replace missing teeth, you should take the time to gather the facts so that you have clear understanding of the procedure, your options and any potential risks. You should also feel comfortable with the dental team who is treating you. For these reasons, we created the following comprehensive list of questions so that you can obtain the answers you need to help you feel at ease prior to treatment.
- Am I a good candidate for dental implants?
- What is the success rate for dental implants?
- How long have you been placing implants and how many do you place each year?
- Can you show me some before and after photos that illustrate your work?
- What are the risks, benefits and alternatives to dental implants?
- Are dental implants ever rejected?
- How do you assess whether I have enough bone to anchor dental implants?
- Can you tell me about the surgical procedure for implant placement?
- How long will the entire process take from my first appointment until I have my implant(s) and crown(s) in place?
- Do I have to go without teeth while my implants are healing?
- What type of anesthesia will you use during my implant surgery?
- What can I expect in the hours and days following my implant surgery?
- How long will it take my implants to heal?
- How long can I expect my implants to last?
- Will there be any maintenance required with my implant(s)?
- How much will dental implant(s) cost?
- Will my insurance cover all or a portion of the cost?
To learn more, read “Dental Implants, Evaluating Your Professional Options For Care.” Or, you can contact us to discuss your questions or to schedule an appointment.