How Crowns and Bridges Can Help Your Smile
When you’re missing a tooth or two, a viable option is to replace it with a bridge and a dental crown. This permanent dental appliance includes several components that are attached to perfectly fit into the spaces left by your lost teeth. Here at Artistic Dentistry in Huntsville AL, one of the ways Dr. Michael Pugh replaces lost teeth is through crowns and bridges.
What Exactly is a Bridge?
A dental bridge is utilized for replacing lost permanent teeth to provide a sufficient chewing surface as well as for cosmetic purposes. It contains one or more synthetic teeth, known as pontics, which are held in place by dental crown abutments on both sides of the pontics.
The dental bridge itself could be created from different kinds of materials such as porcelain, alloys, or gold. Porcelain is the most common material used for restoring front teeth since it could be made to perfectly match your real teeth color. The synthetic or false teeth are fabricated to match your missing teeth size and shape.
The main purpose of the crowns, on the other hand, is to keep the synthetic teeth in the middle portion of the dental bridge in place. These dental crowns could be kept in place by your real teeth or affixed atop dental implants.
Dental Bridge Benefits
- Restores the natural look of your smile and mouth
- Restores your ability to talk properly
- Prevents your adjacent teeth from shifting
- Maintains your facial structure since it prevents the loss of jawbone in the area of the missing teeth
- Restores your ability to eat food efficiently
Is a Dental Bridge Right for You?
Not all people are eligible for Huntsville crowns and bridges. Your dentist in Huntsville AL will need to take into consideration these factors when determining your candidacy for the procedure:
- Missing one or a couple of permanent teeth
- Having healthy teeth that can support the dental bridge
- Having excellent oral health
- Being generally healthy, meaning that you have no underlying chronic health issues
Need More Information Crowns and Bridges in the Huntsville AL area, Reach Out to Us
Call (256) 536-3386 to arrange a consultation with Dr. Michael Pugh here at Artistic Dentistry in Huntsville AL today.